Do you like the idea of CBD edibles, but you’re unsure about how to begin using them? It’s easy to understand why they’re so popular. They deliver the same benefits as other CBD products, but they’re more convenient and discreet.
After all, you can eat CBD just about anywhere. There’s no odor or fumes from smoking and no messy residue from oils.
The advantages are clear, but there are some differences to keep in mind before you stock up on gummies or brownies. Find answers to some of the most common questions in this quick guide to CBD edibles.
- Clarify your purpose. The FDA has approved CBD use for controlling certain types of seizures. While many users believe CBD gives them effective relief for other symptoms, the research to date is limited and conflicting. You may still want to see for yourself.
- Pick your formula. Like other CBD products, you have 3 major choices when it comes to edibles. CBD isolate is usually the cheapest. Broad and full spectrum products are likely to cost more but may be more potent. Remember that the full spectrum contains trace amounts of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
- Enjoy your choices. You can now find CBD versions of most of your favorite foods and drinks. That includes anything from vegan items to beef jerky, and even coffee.
- Understand your biology. The main difference between eating and smoking CBD products is that the effects are usually slower to appear and last longer. That’s because the CBD has to pass through your digestive system, and much of it will remain in your liver rather than entering your bloodstream.
- Start small. Most experts recommend starting with about 20 to 25 milligrams a day. You may increase the dosage until you achieve the results you want, especially if you’re trying to manage a chronic condition.
- Research carefully. Marketing claims for some products may be unreliable. Consult reputable sources like university publications.
- Shop smart. In addition to reading labels, it’s important to ask for a certificate of analysis from an independent laboratory. That will tell you the ingredients and help you avoid contaminants. Reputable companies will also provide adequate customer service.
- Speed up the process. Depending on individual factors like body weight and metabolism, you may need to wait about 30 minutes to a couple of hours before you notice any results. If you need faster relief, try putting a drop of CBD oil under your tongue.
- Take with food. Taking CBD edibles with a meal or snack also helps your body to process the active ingredients. Fatty foods are preferable, like peanut butter or cheese.
- Enhance your workouts. While some adults take CBD to sleep, others find it energizing. Pop some gummies before your workout or take them afterwards to reduce inflammation and promote recovery.
- Monitor side effects. Edibles are safe for most adults, but you may experience minor reactions. Cut back if you notice headaches, nausea, diarrhea, or dry mouth.
- Check state laws. CBD products are legal under federal law due to the 2018 Farm Act. However, you may need to check your state and local laws to be sure you’re in compliance, especially when traveling.
CBD edibles can help you deal with specific health issues or boost your overall wellness. Compared to other delivery methods, they’ll also protect your privacy and provide longer-lasting effects.
Pinnacle Hemp offers premium CBD products. Visit the website and explore the variety of products to promote your health.